A youthful skin is plump, smooth, glowing and collagen rich. Aging results to slower collagen production and lost youthfulness. After the age of 20, the body produces 1 percent less collagen in the skin every year. After the age 30, the collagen levels in our skin and body begin to drop by 1-2% each year. As a result, skin becomes thinner and more fragile. Eventually, it develops wrinkles as the collagen and elastin become less firmly connected. Skin cell growth also slows down, which means that dead cells do not shed themselves away quickly and the skin will become dull in color.
What is RF Microneedling?
Microneedling is a treatment that uses sterile fine needles. During the treatment, the skin reacts to the needles by trying to heal itself by producing collagen and elastin. The RF (radio frequency) enegy is emitted inside the skin through microneedles which results to tightening the skin tissue and increase in the collagen production.
Benefits of RF Microneedling
- Offers similar results to ablative laser procedures, but with significant less discomfort and downtime.
- The RF energy tightens the skin from the inside and reduces wrinkles.
- Thickens the thin, crepey skin with increased collagen production.
- Helps smoothen acne scars after a series of treatments.
- Helps shrink large pores.
- Improves the appearance of scars.
- Improves skin tone and texture
- Stimulates hair growth.
How many treatments are required?
It depends on the condition of your skin and the condition being treated.
A minimum of 3 treatments 4-6 weeks apart will show you the best result.